It is time to elect new members to Empower Missouri’s Board of Directors. We would like to seat seven new Board members at our July retreat, so applications are due by June 30. Go to this link to complete an application:
The Nominations Sub-Committee of our Governance Committee wishes to enrich our Board by adding to the diversity of geography and profession that is present. We are especially seeking applicants who:
- Are in a criminal justice-related profession
- Are involved in labor or other worker-justice organizing
- Are clergy members or from religious organizations
- Are small business owners
- Work or volunteer in Information Technology (IT)
- Work or volunteer in marketing or public relations
- Have human resources expertise
- Have development/fundraising expertise
- Work in banking or finance
- Are attorneys
- Live in Springfield, Branson, Joplin or other southwest Missouri communities
- Live in Cape Girardeau, Poplar Bluff or other southeast Missouri communities
For more information, contact Heidi Lucas, chair of the Governance Committee, at [email protected].
I just emailed Heidi about the potential of serving. I was on the Board for so long, if you have enough new members that would probably be better. If not, I would like to apply.