Empower Missouri is seeking a candidate for a contract position as Interim Executive Director. This is an opportunity to help set up our 119-year-old organization for enhanced success. The ideal candidate will work with the Board of Directors to position the organization for continued growth and collaborate to identify our next full time Executive Director.
This contract position will be for at least a six-month period and approximately 25-35 hours per week.
The Interim Executive Director is a proven leader, responsible for overseeing the operations of Empower Missouri, shaping a sustainable strategy for the organization, and supporting the Board in in identifying a permanent Executive Director. The Interim Executive Director is responsible for providing day-to-day oversight of the organization and staff. This position reports to the Board of Directors.
ABOUT EMPOWER MISSOURI
Empower Missouri advocates for the well-being of all Missourians through civic leadership, education and research. We envision Missouri becoming a more just, equitable and democratic society that assures every person’s health, safety, security, independence, human rights, dignity and the opportunity to reach full potential.
Management, Operations, and Leadership
- Oversee Empower Missouri’s day-to-day administration and operations, including staff supervision, programmatic progress and facilities/systems management.
- Enhance the effectiveness of the team through hiring, supervision and professional development of the staff to ensure growth and success
- Ensure the implementation of programs, services, and activities that meet the requirements of all grants and support positive outcomes for Missourians
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure the effective operation and delivery of programs
- Identify qualities and skills sets needed in the permanent Executive Director
Financial Performance and Resource Management
- Recommend new and innovative fundraising and development strategies
- Participate in cultivation and solicitation visits with staff and Board members
- Ensure timely financial reporting to the Board and Finance Committee
- Prepare and propose budgets and prudently manage Empower Missouri resources
Organization and Board Development and Governance
- Provide leadership at all Board and Board Committee meetings
- Communicate effectively with the Board and provide all information necessary for the Board to function properly and make informed decisions
- Deliver recommendations for improvement and change that foster Empower Missouri’s long-term stability and success
- Change agent who has successfully led an organization through challenge and change
- High integrity leadership and commitment to transparency
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey Empower Missouri’s strategic vision to staff, Board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Ability to interface with and motivate Board members, volunteers, and donor groups
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and cultivate staff
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education preferred
Please send resume and cover letter along with a proposal for the scope of work along with compensation expected to [email protected]. Applications are due March 16, 2020.