The goal of the Hunger Task Force is to reduce hunger in Missouri and dependence on emergency food supplies.
Reduce food insecurity in Missouri, especially child hunger, through legislative and administrative advocacy and community education.
Prior Year Goals
- Advocate and educate Federal Legislators about the importance of passing a strong Child Nutrition Re-Authorization Act. We will also educate State Legislators about the prevalence of hunger in Missouri and advocate for support of nutrition programs.
- Monitor the Missouri Family Support Division as it undergoes continuous changes in policy and practice. The task force will meet with leaders within the department to share concerns and suggestions to the proposed changes.
- Work on increasing the number of school districts that take part in the community eligibility program regarding school lunches and breakfasts.
If you are interested in getting involved in the Hunger task force please contact Christine Woody or join our discussion and find out how you can fight to reduce hunger in Missouri through our Hunger Task Force Google+ Community.
- Hunger Task Force Meeting 1-19-17
- Hunger Task Force 10-19-16
- New Report Shows the importance of Healthy School Meals
- Hunger Task Force Meeting- 8-22-16
- 2016 Grant From MAZON: A Jewish Response to Hunger
- Hunger Task Force Meeting June 29, 2016
- Using Your Vote to Stop Hunger in 2016
- Empower MO Opposes House Child Nutrition Reauthorization Bill
- Good news about Federal Nutrition Programs in the President’s Proposed Budget
- Hunger Task Force Meeting
- Budget Deal Contains Some Good News
- Child Nutrition Reauthorization Action Alert
- Spend your lunch hour with us! Empower MO Hunger Task Force Meeting 12-9
- Plan of Action to End Hunger in America
- National Survey Finds Food Hardship Decreasing In Most of U.S. – But Not Missouri
- Spend your lunch hour with us! EMPOWER MO Hunger TF
- Legislative Sausage Is a Seasonal Variety No One Wants
- Empower Missouri Applauds Governor’s Veto of Senate Bill 24
- Food Stamps First Time Below 900,000 Since February 2010
Task Force Events