We are, as we have been for more than a century, a voice for people without homes, for people without jobs, for people without healthcare, for people without hope.
Empower Missouri continues to do research, to educate the public, to lead coalitions, and to advocate to opinion leaders and policymakers on behalf of the downtrodden and the dispossessed, the disenfranchised and the displaced.
Missouri's political culture often trends in the direction of “you are on your own,” as opposed to “we are all in this together.” Such a state needs a hearty band of idealists, who are not daunted by the struggle, who are dedicated to the welfare of the people...
In other words, Missouri needs Empower Missouri.
And Empower Missouri needs you.
Benefits of Membership
- Newsletters and e-mail alerts during the Missouri Legislative Session, highlighting ways to influence policy and legislation
- Education on social and economic justice through public forums, conferences and events
- Opportunities to shape the agenda of our task forces and local chapters through your active participation
- Training in effective legislative advocacy
- Frequent updates through Facebook and Twitter posts