The Kansas City chapter has a dynamic board consisting of community people who are passionate about the welfare of their fellow citizens. They involve themselves in many forms of action towards social justice including advocacy work, rallies, calls, walk-backs, petitions and much more. We work to engage with our members and others in the community to stand along-side to continue to educate and inspire to be a part of social change.
Every First Friday of the month, the Empower Missouri Kansas City Chapter hosts a Forum called the First Friday Forum. Each month tackles issues facing our most vulnerable citizens. Topics include, Urban Policing, Hunger, Education, Housing, Fair Wage. The announcement of each month's topic is provided up to 3 weeks before the forum through email and press releases.
- Continue and strengthen the movement for Medicaid Expansion
- Identify and align with allies
- Collaborate in Action events
- Continue and strengthen the movement for a Fair Wage
- Identify and align with allies
- Collaborate in Action events (Walk backs, rallies)
- Support the state Goals and Imperatives
Join our discussion and find out how you can participate in empowering Missouri on our Kansas City Chapter Google+ Page.
|Chairperson||Jacob Bosch||Metro Lutheran Ministry, Program Manager
|Vice Chairperson||David Carson||Retired
Program Director, The Salvation Army,
|Treasurer||John Gradwohl (2013-2016)||Community Volunteer
|Chapter Coordinator||Currently Vacantemail@example.com|
- National Day of Action 11/29/16 Empower Missouri joins Missouri Jobs with Justice, Stand Up KC, and the Fight for $15 in support of the 64 million hardworking Americans who make far too little to secure basic human needs. We reject the politics of divisiveness that tears America apart by race, religion, ethnicity and gender. That’s why this Tuesday, November 29th, we’re ...
- Stop the Debt Trap! Empower Missouri has been fighting the debt trap of predatory lending for several years, testifying in hearings of the General Assembly and even participating in a petition campaign for a ballot initiative. Unfortunately that failed despite the more than 200,000 signatures that we helped gather when the Payday Loan industry used their deep pockets to ...
- Kansas City’s January First Friday Forum The Kansas City Chapter of EMPOWER MISSOURI announces that because of the New Year’s Day Holidays, the first 2016 “First Friday” forum will be held ON THE SECOND FRIDAY JANUARY 8, 2016 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. featuring our statewide executive director Jeanette Mott Oxford who will be discussing *accomplishments in 2015 *top priority justice goals in 2016 *strategies for achieving them WESTPORT FLEAMARKET BAR & ...
- Kansas City 2016 Legislative Preview Session United Way of Greater Kansas City and Empower Missouri invite you to 2016 Legislative Preview Session: Missouri Public Policy Forum on Friday, December 4th from 8:30 am – 10:00 am. The forum will be held at the Unity Temple on the Plaza Small Theatre located at 707 W. 47th Street in Kansas City, MO 64112. The panel of lawmakers include: The Honorable Ryan Silvey, Missouri Senate The Honorable Gail ...
- Women’s Equality Week is being celebrated in Kansas City from August 23rd-30th Empower Missouri is thankful for all who secured the right for women to vote and each policy change toward equality between the sexes. We will co-sponsor an event hosted by Stand Up KC’s Fannie Lou Hamer Women’s Committee as a way to celebrate women’s suffrage and all progress toward equality. Join us for a free ...