THANK YOU for attending our 115th Annual Conference!
Changing the Story: From Trauma to Hope
Since 1901, Empower Missouri has worked to inform and motivate social justice advocates through our annual conference. This year is set to be another success as we look into the many different ways that trauma affects all of us. We talked about the facts of trauma and how, as advocates, providers, leaders and parents, we can make a difference and mitigate the adverse effects of toxic stress and trauma.
This year’s Keynote speakers included:
Dr. Andrea Blanch, a consultant with the National Center on Trauma Informed Care, spoke at the evening banquet on Thursday, October 6th
Friday focused on the role and responsibility of the media around trauma and featured a panel of some of Missouri’s top journalists
Workshop topics included:
- We are Worth More: Why $15 and a Union Matters
- The Trauma of Eviction: A Missouri Crisis
- Life at the Intersections: Trauma-Informed Care with Diverse Populations
- Before, Behind and Beyond Bars
- The Lifelong Trauma of Childhood Hunger
- Statewide Trauma-Informed Schools
- Intimate Partner Violence, Sexual Violence &Trauma in LGBTQI and HIV+ Communities
Full 2 day conference price (Empower Missouri members): $200
Full 2 day conference price (non-members): $250
All day Thursday (including dinner): $150
Daytime Thursday (not including dinner): $125
Thursday dinner banquet only: $75
Friday full day only: $75
Thursday dinner and Friday all day: $125
Thursday luncheon only (Tonier Cain): $50
Approved Student Rate: $100 (Must be pre-approved)
We look forward to seeing you at next year’s conference, dates TBA.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING TO EMPOWER MISSOURI!