The Central Chapter of Empower Missouri is proud to be based in the capitol of Missouri. Because of this, we tend to focus on legislative issues and what is happening in the Missouri legislature. From public educational forums to monthly meetings, we are an active group of volunteers who are dedicated to social justice issues.
If you would like to become a member please contact Pam Rich.
- Empowering You September 2017 Newsletter In this issue: Meet our Super Hero Speakers for the 116th Annual Conference: Persisting & Organizing to Win – POW! October 5-6th! Sign-up to be integral to efforts to Stop SB 43 – FAQ included. Veto Session starts this month, will any of Gov. Greitens’ vetoes be overridden? Download the Newsletter as a Printable PDF.
- POW! 2017 Annual Conference 116th ANNUAL CONFERENCE: Persisting & Organizing to Win! Putting the POW in EMPOWER! October 5-6, St Louis, MO Online Registration is NOW OPEN! Empower Missouri is dedicating the 2017 Annual Conference to the role of labor organizing. With continued attacks to reduce the reach and influence of the labor community, now is the time to focus on building strong alliances ...
- Empowering You August 2017 Newsletter Click to view. Click to download PDF.
- Central Chapter Annual Dinner The Central Chapter of Empower Missouri invites you to attend our 2016 Annual Dinner & Election of Officers. Dr. Patsy Carter, Director of Children’s Clinical Services at the Missouri Department of Mental Health, will be keynote speaker on August 25th as the Central Missouri Chapter of Empower Missouri gathers for their annual dinner. The event will be ...
- Central Chapter Public Forum Central Chapter Public Forum: The Sunshine Law Tuesday, May 31st at 11:30 am Coca-Cola Bottling Company, 604 Jefferson Street, Jefferson City Guest speaker: Tom Durkin, Education Director at Missouri Attorney General’s office How does Missouri’s Sunshine Law compare with other states’ laws? How will new ethics legislation impact existing Sunshine Law? What are the penalties for breaking the Sunshine Law? This event is FREE ...